Luxury scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBACRAFT | EXPERIENCE

Another alternative DPV, note the motor for enhanced surface interval activities.

1.jpg

From the article....."The Necker Nymph claims "near-zero" environmental impact because its "positive buoyancy prevents the sub from landing on a reef"....

Oh Really? Neat trick Mr. Branson, of course you can still plow into the reef head on :wink:

THe sub was built by an old friend, Graham Hawkes, here's his website.

I read that a few days ago. I thought it was really cool at first, but once you start reading it, you realize that it's pretty limited. I think it would have been better to encapsulate the passenger compartment. Then maybe you could have extended the depth and range a bit.
I also was pretty skeptical when I read about the "near-zero" environmental impact. Can any one say guilt assuagance?
I'd still take a ride though if I could. Hahahahahhaa.

I like the open cockpit myself as you're more connected with the underwater world. Pull over anywhere and hop out for a closer look at something. Encapsulate it and then you're just in a sub.

I like the open cockpit myself as you're more connected with the underwater world. Pull over anywhere and hop out for a closer look at something. Encapsulate it and then you're just in a sub.

Yeah-and you can even get out of the sub go for a dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom