Fitness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSMEDIC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello from the Great White North!
I live in Nova Scoatia Canada, and being I dive wet. I am 4-5 months from getting into the water so that should be plenty of time to get physicaly fit for diving. I have been diving for 10 years now and every spring I have the usual increased air consumption. So my goal is too shed a few punds around the waist and increase my cardivascular. What I was thinking about doing was to start walking ( before my medic days I was a long distance runnner) and was thinking about buying a Wii and Wii Fit plus. I used one the other day and was I ever sore in the abdo muscles. I was also thinking of P90X. Has anyone tried this? Too increase muscle mass I have power bands that I was thinking about throwing in my duty bag for work during down periods (other than reading Scubaboard)

P90X is an awsome workout series - the best $100 you'll ever spend on a fitness infomercial. I've done it, and when I stick to it I am in the best shape of my life.

PM me if you have questions.....

Cheers,

Michael

( before my medic days I was a long distance runnner)

^^^ that would be my suggestion. 12 weeks and you're running the 5k again.

even in 2010 running still gives you the most workout per time invested of any sport.

R..

P90X is an awsome workout series - the best $100 you'll ever spend on a fitness infomercial. I've done it, and when I stick to it I am in the best shape of my life.

PM me if you have questions.....

Cheers,

Michael

A friend of mine has been talking about that, but we haven't tried it yet. I've got a few question to pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom