help with mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikos81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I wouls like to have some opinions about masks. I'm planning to buy one and can't decide which...

At first I liked the Mares-X vision Liquid skin, but after a few days, I decided to take a look at some online shops who had reviews of their products. Only to find out that , after reading the impressions of divers who had tested this mask, 50% of them were not satisfied and reccommended it should go to the recycle bin...It was then, when I saw the Technisub Micro mask,but this is mostly for free divers. What shall I do? If anyone has tested these masks,please tell me what you think. If anyone else can reccommend any other mask, feel free to do so.

Thanks in advacne to anyone who will bother reading and answering my post...
Nikos

Forget about brands and models. Concentrate instead on finding a mask that matches your facial contours, not somebody else's. Just because one mask is popular and another is unpopular in certain quarters doesn't mean that the first is the right one and the second is the wrong one for you too. Only you can determine which mask is best for you. Try on a variety of masks in the store to verify a leakproof fit. Even better, borrow a few if you can and see which one suits you best in the water.

Stay away from the 3-window masks, they have an aparent nice field of view but their volume is high and like the one I used it foged up fast, now I have a low volume one like 'Aeris Goby' and it takes a long time to fog up. If you are a newbie you do not need a purge, it's silly but I did that mistake, I wish the salesperson would have say something when I bought the 3-window mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom