Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teller

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know the pros/cons of having a frameless mask. I am considering the ScubaPro Frameless. Also I just ordered the ScubaPro Jet Fins. I was in need of a fin that could work well with Rockboots. Was this a good choice of fins. I got the XL fins and I wear size 9 Rockboots. Would these be a good match?

I have now used the ScubaPro Orbit for about 30 dives and am constantly reverting back to my old mask because I find I am always getting water in my nose or constantly clearing it. I suppose there's less room than in traditional masks where there might be water, but it's below my nose as opposed to in it. As much as I want to like it, I just don't.

Frameless mask is awesome. I can't use anything else. The only con is that it can debond, it usually takes years, but check the seal between the glass and silicone every now and then. If you didn't try on those XL jet fins you might have a problem with the width. Their XXL's are huge, but something right in the middle would be the XL OMS Slipstream which are a Jet fin clone but lighter in weight. Good Luck!

It is a great mask. But not $129 worth of great. And, in the USA, it only has a 1 year warranty. If you really have to have one either buy used (ebay) or talk to Leisurpro where it is half that price and ask if they honor the European warranty which is 2 years.

Anyone know the pros/cons of having a frameless mask. I am considering the ScubaPro Frameless.

Why are you considering this mask without knowing the pros and cons?

Also I just ordered the ScubaPro Jet Fins. I was in need of a fin that could work well with Rockboots. Was this a good choice of fins?

Guess you better hope so!

I got the XL fins and I wear size 9 Rockboots. Would these be a good match?

Ok, now you're just kidding...right?

I don't know about the Scubapro frameless, but the Atomic Aquatics Frameless Mask is a good mask. It's our most popular.

The frameless is a pricey mask, but I think it's worth it. If you have a problem with it and
you have bought from an authorized dealer, S/P will replace it for a "simulated repair fee"
of $25 and it doesn't matter how old it is.

I find it hard to find a mask that fits me well, as I'm sure everyone else out there does.

When my ScubaPro CoolVu broke, obviously I needed a new mask. I went to my backup and continued the quest for a good fitting mask.

I came across the Dive Rite Frameless and was real impressed. It was like $55-60. Fits my face like a glove with no leaks.

I had a difficult time with leaks until I ran across the JBL seeker. I've only used it on a couple of dives, but I spent quite a bit of time in the pool with it. I think it's great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom