Anyone been on the ultimate getaway?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, it's out of Fort Myers Beach.

It's a great trip, I've done it a few times.

Rick is a fantastic captain with an excellent crew. They know what they are doing.

The boat is comfortable, but not for those who like lots of privacy or who need lots of room. There are two heads for 25 or so people. Your bunk is all the room you have for yourself and whatever (other than dive gear) you pack, so pack light.

Lots of great dive sites, fun for photographers and hunters.

If you like history, opt to make the stop at Fort Jefferson.

Food is plentiful and delicious. There're no gourmet dishes, but most folks don't seem to mind.

I would like to do this trip again someday. The last time we went I had a blast.

Same here. A bunch of SB divers took over the boat for a hunting trip, a couple of years back. The crew was great about catering to our diving requests. Did a fine job of keeping individual catches separated and tracked, cooler space and ice was plentiful. And the beer cooler, don't think I had ever seen so much on ice all at once. While snacks were plentiful, food was modest. I would definitely go out with them again.

Did this about 2 years ago in February. Was a great trip even if it was a bit rough (10 ft to 12 ft waves overnight) coming back in. We did the stop at Ft. Jefferson and it was an awesome piece of history.

Only issue was that the boat was on it's first cruise of the season, so there were some equipment issues but that didn't stop me from having a great time!

Got in about 12 dives I think over 3 days. Not bad considering that we had to pass on the dives coming back.

Eat, dive and sleep. Sharing stories and over a drink in the evenings was great. Seeing some real spear fishing for the first time was pretty neat. Oh and slipper lobsters too were pretty cool.

Moderately deep reef drift dives. Boat drops you off and comes back to get you. So taxi diving practically. Great opportunities for hunting, spearing or photos.

Water was a tad chilly in full 3mm during February and I was wearing a hood by the end of my 2nd day.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself and intend to do it again.

I have only done one liveaboard in my life and it was Ultimate Getaways. I have no way of comparing it to any other liveaboards but I can tell you it was an extremely fun trip and the crew was exceptionally good! You wont have your own room and will be sleeping on a bunk. Yet, for the price they charge, the service they give and the over-all diving experience they provide is more than worth it IMHO -

Id recommend them to anyone out there.

I posted the same thread a few months back. Eveyone on SB sold me on the trip. I am going in April. I am looking forward to it.:D

thanks for the comments. I have committed to the trip at the end of March.

One of my customers is going as well. I run a charter out Panama City Beach.

It will be nice to be a customer....

It is around $700 per person. So, if it goes well I'll let everyone know.

Capt. Rod

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom