Diving in Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi nikos81,

Nice of you to come!
We are a small country, but with a lot of diving potential.
Where are you planning to stay?

Hi all,

I am booking to come out to the silver coast, sao martinho do porto. Where is the nearest, best dive school and dive sites.
I am qualified up to rescue diver and have my enriched air. I am not interested in going deep just for the sake of it, I like dives that are good, with plenty to see rather than going deep just because I can.

cheers

Hi all,

I am booking to come out to the silver coast, sao martinho do porto. Where is the nearest, best dive school and dive sites.
I am qualified up to rescue diver and have my enriched air. I am not interested in going deep just for the sake of it, I like dives that are good, with plenty to see rather than going deep just because I can.

cheers
Hi diamond-lights,

I believe the best option for you would be to drive about 50 kms south to Peniche and go diving with Haliotis (Haliotis - PADI Dive Center - Portugal Berlengas Peniche), they are very professional and the Berlengas Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlengas)are fantastic for diving!
Let me know when you are coming, maybe I'll see you there!

Sorry for my late response jbaptis, I've been out of the site for more than a month,due to unexpected circumstances. Well, since you asked we were planning to stay near Oporto,but it is not yet sure if this trip will take place...I wish I could be more sure about this trip so far,so I could ask you more...But anyway, I'll visit the webpage above

Hi guys

Planning on heading over to Portugal this summer (end of August) and staying in the south near Faro and Olhao. Does anyone know anything about the diving in this area and who we should look to dive with?

Thanks

Simon

Hi
I am off to the Algarve tomorrow and hope to dive with Hidroespaco mid November. Did you dive with them? Was it good? Do they speak reasonable English? did you see Sea Horses?

In case someone looks at this thread in the future, the best diving in Portugal is found around the Berlengas Islands. Visibility there is very high. Nearer to Lisbon, Sesimbra can also be a good place to dive, although the visibility can vary greatly. On some days it has been as low as a meter, and on others as high as 20 meters.

I don't know much about the Algarve. If you are in northern Portugal, there is a U-Boat wreck off the coast of Porto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom