Underwater Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying an underwater digital camera that takes good pictures down to 130'. Currently I'm a novice with underwater photography and not willing to invest more than $150.00.
Thank You!

What kind of camera experience/gear do you have already? I don't know of any full setup with a price that low, but Canon makes underwater housings for many of their point and shoot cameras and they are around $200 (housing only).

I have a complete set up with flash that I would sell you for $300 but I don't know of anything you can find for $150. PM me if you want details.

I have a Canon A75 with Canon waterproof housing for sale. (I think Canon lists the box as waterproof down to 130 feet.) It includes a 1 gb Lexar professional card and a home-made foam box to protect the housing when traveling. I used it for 3 snorkel trips (2 to Bonaire, 1 to Hawaii) and got some very nice pix. I also used it topside when I did not want to schlep my DSLR with me.

I have just listed it locally for $175.

I have moved up to a Canon G9 system with external strobe. It was quite a bit more expensive ($2000 for the camera, 2 strobes, arms, trays, external lenses, focusing light, Canon housing and Ikelight housing and more). I bought it used and couldn't be happier (unless someone gave me the money to upgrade to a housing and port for my Nikon D80 for UW photography.)

If you are interested in the Canon A75 camera outfit, please contact me first about the kinds of pix you like to take, your prior experience. You might not be able to do what you want for an investment of $150.

Laura

Back
Top Bottom