http://www.diveheart.org/

Help Needed with Low Impact Diving Study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeroaminggypsy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear Fellow Scuba Divers,

My name is Kelsey Johansen, and I am a graduate student in the School of Outdoor Recreation, Parks and Tourism at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Canada. As a part of my thesis, entitled The Effectiveness of Environmental Communication with Scuba Divers: A Case Study Comparing the Curricula of BSAC, PADI, and SSI Open Water Diver Certification Courses, I am surveying certified scuba divers about their knowledge of low impact diving practices.

To help me out with this, I am asking you to fill out a questionnaire, accessible by the link below, which will take approximately 5 - 8 minutes to complete and is based on a broad set of questions about scuba diving and marine environments, as well as your recent diving experiences.

If you are under the age of 18 please do not take part in this study!

Your participation is completely voluntary and you are free to refrain from answering any questions or to withdraw from the survey at any time. All questionnaires will be kept confidential and all data will be analyzed in statistical form to assure your anonymity.

As a member of the diving community, you know how important preserving dive sites is, so please take the time to fill out this short survey!

Diver Certification Course Knowledge Retention Questionnaire

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Kelsey Johansen
HBOR, HBSC, BA
SSI Certified Master Diver
Masters Candidate
MES in Nature Based Recreation and Tourism
School of Outdoor Recreation, Parks and Tourism
Lakehead University
955 Oliver Rd.
Thunder Bay, ON
P7B 5E1
phone: 1-807-343-8876
email: kmjohans@lakeheadu.ca

By certifying agency are you referring to the agency that did your OW cert? Mine isn't in the study group, but I have received advanced certs from agencies that are.

By certifying agency I mean the agency that you took your FIRST entry-level novice certification with, there is a section later on for listing advanced level training. For you entry-level may very well mean our OW's.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom