Split Fin vs Straight Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:popcorn:

Curious as to what others thought as to whats better? In terms of speed, ease of use, energy conservation, use, etc..

Fernie, be prepared for some of the replies you will get. Some like splits, some like blades. Some think splits will drag you to the bottom of the sea, some think blades are like diving with cement blocks tied to your feet. And some divers are going to be very committed to their beliefs.

They both work, find what works best for you and the type of diving YOU do. If you get a chance look for Demo Days at your local dive shop and try them both.

You can also type in "splits vs. blades" in the search area, but be prepared to get hundreds of hits. It has been discussed many times in the past.

Fernie, be prepared for some of the replies you will get. Some like splits, some like blades. Some think splits will drag you to the bottom of the sea, some think blades are like diving with cement blocks tied to your feet. And some divers are going to be very committed to their beliefs.

They both work, find what works best for you and the type of diving YOU do. If you get a chance look for Demo Days at your local dive shop and try them both.

You can also type in "splits vs. blades" in the search area, but be prepared to get hundreds of hits. It has been discussed many times in the past.

and-------some like both ie it doesn't matter to me, just add water to either .......

I think splits are possibly the worst piece of dive gear I have ever tried. I have friends who love them though and think my type of fins are the worst piece of dive gear ever.

So, YMMV. Try out a bunch for yourself and see what you like.

Split fins on forehead, mask on feet.

Chug
Likes whatever works for you best!

:rofl3:

I own Both sadly. I used the turtle finns so far since my OW pool work after tryin out a few blade finns. Finly I got tired of hearing all the super great things split finns can do and bought a pair Atomic SOTW. As i guessed at the start very slow and take a fewe kicks to get moving once your going they feel light and move easily. The problem for me is the starting. I like to move when I kick. I am not going to say they're bad just differnt. To each his own something everyone has to try and figure for themselves. I as of right now like my turtles and will stick with them will I occasionally use the splits to see if the changed for me sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom