Looking to get your AOW in S. FLA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwatts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If you're looking to get your PADI AOW certification and you are considering South Florida as your destination then please, please consider Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach.

Kevin (the owner) has a very high recommendation from many people here on Scuba Board. So last June I decided to include a couple of dive trips with Underwater Explorers to see for myself. Well, this winter my buddy and I finally decided to get our AOW. We chose Underwater Explorers.

Now, let me say this... If you're just collecting c-cards then pick anyone who is convenient. But if you are looking to seriously improve your skills then you won't find a better instructor than Kevin...bar none! I don't live in south Florida, in fact, it's a 10 hour drive but I just have to take a moment to say how awesome of a guy Kevin is...as an instructor and just as someone cool to have a beer with.

As you would expect, a top notch dive shop owner should also have the best people around him, too. He does! Wilhelmina is simply one of the nicest people you will encounter. Her underwater breathing ability is unbelievable! Be sure to ask her about her baby moray eel song :wink: . Then there's Alex. This dude can drive the boat better than most people can drive their cars. I have seen a few captains and I can say that Alex is incredible.

Great job to the UE team!

Didi you take the knowledge portion of the course on lie or in a class at Underwater Explorers?

I think I speak for everyone here when I say, huh? :huh:

OK, here is what I mean. If I were to do my AOW with Underwater Explorers does UE teach a class (or classes) on the dives and subject material or should you take the PADI on line course for the AOW certification.

OK, here is what I mean. If I were to do my AOW with Underwater Explorers does UE teach a class (or classes) on the dives and subject material or should you take the PADI on line course for the AOW certification.

Gotcha, why don't you go right to the source and ask Kevin? I'm sure he can help you out and you won't find a better instructor for AOW. You can call him at (561)577-3326.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but Kevin M. is one of the best. I am not a student of his but I can attest to his competency, knowledge and skills. Plus he is a fun guy. Not a fungi like a mushroom, mind you.

Seriously to the OP, scubakevdm (and UE) is one of the most respected divers in the area. Boyton is a wonderfull place to dive, and Kevin has it dialed in. If you get a cert with him, icing on the cake.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but Kevin M. is one of the best. I am not a student of his but I can attest to his competency, knowledge and skills. Plus he is a fun guy. Not a fungi like a mushroom, mind you.

Seriously to the OP, scubakevdm (and UE) is one of the most respected divers in the area. Boyton is a wonderfull place to dive, and Kevin has it dialed in. If you get a cert with him, icing on the cake.

Couldn't agree with you more, while I'm not a student of his either, I certainly have learned a lot from diving with him. As for his students, I've seen him take newbies who have barely seen the ocean and turn them into solid divers who look better in the water than many that have been diving for years.

Ya see, this is the Conch Divers Forum.

Yeah, pretty much everybody here.

But I think he meant on line. Scrivner's error. :D

Yes, that's exactly what meant. Somewhere my eighth grade nun is spinning in her grave for my failure to proofread my post. I am thinking about trying GE this Friday but the weather doesn't look too good.

Yes, that's exactly what meant. Somewhere my eighth grade nun is spinning in her grave for my failure to proofread my post. I am thinking about trying GE this Friday but the weather doesn't look too good.

Ahhh crap. I meant UE not GE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom