Jupiter this weekend 2/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ehlbly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Trying to get out again this weekend but looks like the weather is going south again. If anyone has updates for conditions and/or weather let me know.

Ehlbly-- Psst... the term for things turning from good to bad or from bad to worse is "Going North.."
ie

Did you see last months numbers? All my accounts are going north.
Man my golf game sure is going north.

The seas are predicted to be 8' with 30 mph winds.. the weather is going north again.

I'm Just Saying.

Ehlbly-- Psst... the term for things turning from good to bad or from bad to worse is "Going North.."
ie

Did you see last months numbers? All my accounts are going north.
Man my golf game sure is going north.

The seas are predicted to be 8' with 30 mph winds.. the weather is going north again.

I'm Just Saying.

I'm pretty sure she had it right. Going south is more or less associated with going down.

I know I would love for my accounts to go north!

Now I'm really confused. Too much for an old Hillbilly brain to sort out. I agree I want my accounts to go north (up) thats good, means the numbers are up. Golf scores need to go down along with handicap, which I guess is south ( down) which is good. I agree that going south is associated with going down. Sooo if something is looking up, better, good that would be north. If looking down, worse, or bad that would be south. At the end I want to go up (north)good. Not down (south) bad. If things are looking up (noth) good, lookin down (south) bad. Now if the weather is 2-4 seas and 10 knt winds from the NE but the forcast is going to 5-7 seas and 24 knt winds that forcast is looking worse, from good to bad, things looking down not up, south not north.
Yeah I'm off today, raining and a little too much time on my hands so I even googled the saying:

Where did the phrase "everything went south from there" come from?

From the convention of having South be on the bottom of maps. To go south is to go downward, including circumstances, relationships, and stock prices.... and in this case the weather report.
The wind and waves are going up but I look at that as bad, worse, and on a scale of weather reports for outdoor activity down or south. Just sayin' :wink:

Saturday
North winds 16 to 21 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers.

This is the latest update found on Marine Forecast : Weather Underground

Many times the forecast will call for 5'-6' waves, and when we get out on the ocean it'll be almost flat. They are right once in a while though, but not as much as they are wrong. Living nearby, it's easy for me to drive to JDC, and if the captain is willing to go out, I'll go. I know it's harder when you have to travel. What I would recommend is calling the shop the day before you want to come down and ask how the conditions have been and what they think the seas will be like for the next day.

Does that mean I might not be going anywhere on Saturday except for my couch :shocked2:

I was thinking about going on Saturday, but I'm going to wait until we get closer to Saturday to make a decision. I don't feel like driving 2 hours south to get beat up...

Saturday 6-8's and Sunday's doable at 3-5's but that's when Jeff Gordon will win the Daytona 500, and I can't miss that on TV. :)

Saturday 6-8's and Sunday's doable at 3-5's but that's when Jeff Gordon will win the Daytona 500, and I can't miss that on TV. :)

That's what they have video tapes for. AND you can watch it over and over! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom