Ningaloo Reef Whale Sharks in late March/early April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seagal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are thinking of visiting Australia in late march/early april. I was wondering if anyone had been to Ningaloo during that time and if you saw a lot of whale sharks during your trip? How long was you stay? What resort? Overall experience? We are going to fly into syndey first. I was also wondering if you had any tips for liveaboards on the great barrier reef?(we'd prefer a 3-4 day trip). Thanks! :D

Hi,

Definately go up to Cairns and take a three or four night trip up to Ribbon Reefs and Cod Hole or Osprey Reef. Lots to see in and arround Cairns too.

Have a look at Spoilsport, Spirit of Freedom or Taka - the three main players offering excellent diving and great service.

You may be able to get to Ningaloo during the coral spawning which is a week or so after the full moon (March 30). Have a look at Coral Bay or Exmouth. Sorry, its been awhile since I was over there.

Hi!
I'm in Australia for the same period of time and have 18 days to spend. I am wondering what is more worthwhile to do - hope for whalesharks on the westcoast or go to Cairns, where I guess are much more tourists and no whalesharks...
Would appreciate some help for my decision making!
Many thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom