Hamata. Any advice appreciated please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortcuts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After having performed a search I find that there is some info on Hamata but it's all fairly old and was wondering if anyone has been recently. If so:-

My wife and I are looking to book a holiday for some shore based Red Sea diving and are looking at possibly heading to Hamata some time in February/March.
We basically fancy some quality shore based Red Sea diving for a week in a nice quiet location without the madding crowds. Usually go for a liveaboard but fancy some land based time for this trip. More in to reefs over wrecks.

Regaldive are looking good at the moment but still undecided.

The main question is have any of you been to Hamata and if so where?
Two possible locations. Zabargad Dive Resort or Lahami Bay Beach Resort.

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations or observations (in regard to weather, wet suit, accommodation diving etc etc) will be appreciated and gratefully received.

A few club mates went there january last year. Some windy days, the water was only about 23 C. Lots of dolphins though :D

Ooh that's not too warm:depressed:

Yeah, sorry about that...

Did I mention the air temperature? 16 in the morning, rising to 23 in the afternoon. Mostly sunny.

HTH :cool2:

That isn't good news either lol. Might have to consider a different location then. A bit pointless leaving the cold of UK unless going somewhere warm. A bit more research is required methinks!

IDK where to go now but can only go for a week + travel time.

Thanks' for the replies.:(

My best advice regarding Egipt is:

Do a liveaboard. In 2009 i was twice at hotel and once on board. I`ll never go back to hotel in Egypt. On board is more expansive but you can dive twice number of dives then if you live at hotel. Imo best to go is anytime if you live in Europe because is warmer there but ive been in may, october and november and it was perfect. Best was in May :)

I hope it helps.

I usually do liveaboard (have done loads and is my usual preference) but only have a week and don't like to fly and then go straight on board and dive. I have to let my ears settle for a day or two after flying prior to diving. Hence the desire on this trip to do a shore based holiday as I can chill for a couple of days first.

There is a different Red Sea if you do liveaboard, Shortcut. If/When you have time on your trip, do a 2 days liveaboard and check the Big Brother, Little Brother islands :) you`ll love em...so do Daedalus, Elphinstone and those are not daily trips :(

There is a different Red Sea if you do liveaboard, Shortcut. If/When you have time on your trip, do a 2 days liveaboard and check the Big Brother, Little Brother islands :) you`ll love em...so do Daedalus, Elphinstone and those are not daily trips :(

I have dived all of those on previous liveaboards but as I have said, I am interested in a shore based holiday on this occasion.

Might have to look farther afield. Maybe Thailand, Vietnam or the Carribean possibly. Must have warmth!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom