Need Arms, Clamps, S&S Connectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jelyben

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Have nothing, need everything! Have looked at UL, 4th Generation, Opitical Ocean. Want quality but on budget. What does anyone suggest, what does anyone have?

Ultralight are the way to go IMHO and if you need flotation, add the Stix floats to the UL arms. One indication of the quality of the UL stuff is that you can never find them for sale, they last forever. You can buy cheaper stuff on ebay from China but it will corrode or rust (their stainless isn't quite stainless) and you can buy other brands, but UL stuff in general just works well. But a lot depends on your system as well. If it is for a small strobe and compact camera, locline stuff can't be beat (most video guys with HID lights use locline for example) so what camera/housing/strobe are you talking about?
Bill

Olympus SP 350 and matching housing. However I do not want to be tied into this rig for the rest of my dive life. I want to purchase something that can be a foundation for something bigger and better later on. I am getting a lot of positive feedback on the OO stuff. And I just saw a TLC arm for sale on Ebay? What do you think?

I have looked at the OO stuff and for the price I would recommend ultralight. YMMV of course, but many of us are using UL stuff that is several years old, it just lasts forever. I am not a fan of the solid arms that Jack is selling but I am sure they will be fine. At the end of the day, if you are definitely going to move up then I say UL. If you might, then the OO stuff should be fine.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom