Ancient pottery pics Gulf of Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics andibk, some cool pottery.

Do you know of any wrecks at shallower depths out in the Gulf, around 30 meters, not meaning the usual suspects.

Lord Kram
The Thai archeology department spends alot of time researching these ship wrecks to gather as much information as they can to find out where these wrecks come from. The more that they are disturbed makes the job that much harder for them. If you would like to see the work that they have done it is best to go to the Museum and see the fine displays that they have. The museum is in Chantaburi just about 3 hour drive from either Bangkok or Pattaya. I do not know the "Official" law reguarding the diving on the wrecks but I honestly do not believe it is allowed. IF you have any questions reguarding the Thai maritime archeology laws please contact Erbprem at 0853346732. Erbprem is in charge of the archeology department and will be more then happy to answer your legal questions.

andibk

Lord Kram
The Thai archeology department spends alot of time researching these ship wrecks to gather as much information as they can to find out where these wrecks come from. The more that they are disturbed makes the job that much harder for them. If you would like to see the work that they have done it is best to go to the Museum and see the fine displays that they have. The museum is in Chantaburi just about 3 hour drive from either Bangkok or Pattaya. I do not know the "Official" law reguarding the diving on the wrecks but I honestly do not believe it is allowed. IF you have any questions reguarding the Thai maritime archeology laws please contact Erbprem at 0853346732. Erbprem is in charge of the archeology department and will be more then happy to answer your legal questions.

andibk

Thanks for the usefull info here, I think I have been in this museum a few years ago, but its not the same as diving.
I agree with your comments fully and under such circumstances divers should exercise some common sence and not disturb anything on such historic sites, we should all be able to controll our buoyancy sufficiently as to not even touch such wrecks let alone disturb things on them.
I am a firm believer that things (natural or manmade) that are on the seabed should be left alone for others to see them as ourselves were fortunate enough to do.

John

I am a firm believer that things (natural or manmade) that are on the seabed should be left alone for others to see them as ourselves were fortunate enough to do.

John

I agree but I'll bet most of these wrecks are beyond what many consider recreational dive limits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom