The saint of divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geeteq

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not really a religious person and it's more out of curiousity, i'd like to know if there is a Saint for scuba divers.

Just about everything has a saint, I don't see why divers wouldn't have one.

My dive instructor is a theologist and I alsked him the question and he didn't know if there was one.

Cheers,

Gabe

Well, there are roughly 10,000 saints (maybe 5,000 recognized), so you can almost just name one yourself.

However, Saint Brendan is the patron saint of mariners and Saint Adjutor is the patron saint of swimmers and drowning victims, so maybe that helps :wink:

geeteq once bubbled...

I'm not really a religious person and it's more out of curiousity, i'd like to know if there is a Saint for scuba divers.

Saint Davey.

Please tithe in large denomonations. :sweetdev:

The St. Brendan theory works for me, and it has nothing to do with our shared ethnicity, although I admit it doesn't hurt.

Not coincidentally, the website for California Diving News, a "local" dive publication, is www.saintbrendan.com.

Correct Kelpmermaid. I was going to point that out.

Here is a page on their site explaining it.

I thought this was kinda neat:

God of sea and land, you endowed your servant Brendan with a bold and adventurous spirit, to occupy himself for your business on the great waters, and revealed to him your wonders in the deep.

Sounds like a diver to me.

what a cool thread. The saint of the deep... I like it! I need all the friends down there I can get!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom