Best Type of Fin For Movability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stillen

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Some say split others say paddle, it seems everyone has a different point of view with this but what i am lookig for is movability as i do alot of cray looping around reefs and ''cavey'' areas. of course i want easy of use and i want to move against currents, but what fin would offer this to me. what do you guys think (i'm thinking apollo pro xt?)

Your traditional paddle fins will provide you with greater mobility. Paddle fins have a lot of torque so when your in a current you just have to kick faster. When I say paddle fin, I'm thinking for SP Jets, OMS Slipstream, XS Turtle Fins, so on so forth.

I really like Dive Rite's large fins (not split), Turtle fins I use to own, they're great, but I perfer Dive Rite's... I saw some pretty darn good reviews about the Mares Avanti Superchannel full-foot (paddle) fins, not the biggest fan of splits, but if thats your choice then the Atomic Aquatics Smoke on the Water, and Apollo Pro-C series Split fins are IMO the best choice to go with..

If you need maneuverability go with paddle fins, if you need the speed - buy a scooter :)

For lightweight diving - 3-6 mil suit single tank Mares Avanty Quattros work great for me. for heavy lifting Turtles or other similar ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom