Fin for big, wide foot in a rock boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Troutmaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just started diving dry and I need a fin to wear with a rock boot. My foot is size 12, 5-E wide.

I do not want split fins. I have a pair of Scubapro Seawing Nova's in XL that barely fit my foot wearing my stocking foot drysuit with a 5mil soft boot overtop.

Anyone with a similar size hoof have a recomendation? I am thinking OMS Slipstreams or Scubapro Jets, or something similar if they will fit.

I also do not have the rock boots yet, and welcome any input there as well. I tried on some at the LDS but did not love them

Anybody using the OTB SAR boot instead of a rockboot? How would I size it for this application?

I found a place on the net where I can get them for $65. Any thoughts? The other posts on OTBs seem all positive.

try a hollis f1. I have a 15 4e foot and the xxl has more then enough room for my foot in a heavy boot. you might try a large or extra large. they are great fins, basicly a redesigned jet fin with an included adjustable spring strap, very heavy duty fin. this is the fin for big footed people.

XL Tutles Should be good. But if you needed something bigger the XXL Jet's will fit. Both fins have a very generous foot pocket the XXL jets have a very big pocket. As far as Rock Boots. Bare Makes an Excellent boot.

Bare Boot

Force Fin anything that is XXL fits beautifully and is easier to don/doff not to mention easier to use. with the OTB boot you'll want a XXXL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom