Aqua Cat March 6th - 13th anyone........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapeople59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
planning to be on the boat that week? We are coming down for the week and just wondering who else we might meet.
Can't wait !! :D

Did this trip on aqua cat a few years ago in march it was awesome!

Hey guys, trip report. We just got back last week from being on the Aqua Cat in the Bahamas for a week. What a great trip and a great boat. We arrived Saturday afternoon and headed over to Paradise Island to meet the boat in Hurricane Harbor. We headed out the following morning (Sunday) for our first dive site. I could go on and on and describe everything in great detail, because I have started writing journals instead of keeping a log book, but I will keep it short. The diving was full of swim thoroughs and great walls that drop you off into the greatest deep blue water with no bottom in site, totally awesome, like you are flying. I was not use to the lack of fish life on some of the reefs. There was quite a few large lion fish on most of the sites, not sure if they are the culprits or not, but some sites you are down there asking yourself,... where are all the fish:idk:. Some of the coolest dives were the shark dive and the washing machine. On the shark dive we headed down to a sandy bottom and waited for the dive master to bring over the frozen chum ball and hook into the mooring. There were sharks everywhere, swimming all around us, and hitting on the chum. we got some great close up shots and video. The washing machine was a crazy drift dive were you are drifted down into this huge open in the bottom of an otherwise flat bottom reef. Its kinda like a huge gunite swimming pool in the middle of an open reef. It pulled you down and spun you around and around and than back up the other side and out. Pretty wild!!
The only the that kinda sucked, was that is was so cold. I am a cold diver to begin with but, I was in a 5mm merino wool pinnacle with a 3mm shorty underneath and a light hood. The boat was great, with four hot showers on the dive deck and no lack of hot water. Totally key to counter the cold dives. Some people were actually going into the showers and putting there wetsuits on in a hot shower. The cabins were all roomy and clean, with temperature controls, lots of storage, and full bathrooms. The food was good and plenty of it. All the drinks, coffee and water you wanted.
The only thing that I would have like to see done differently, was to have a guide or dive master in the water on some of the deeper morning dives. I think it would have been helpful to have someone to follow, to maximize time and air underwater. I think it is geared for an advanced diver or if a newly certified diver with an experienced diver buddy.
I am planning to get a group together and head down again later this year, and hopefully it will be a little warmer.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom