recommended Ft. Lauderdale dive operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
We're going to Lauderdale in midMarch, and are looking to do 3 days of diving. Anyone know of a dive operator to recommend?
Thanks.

Hi all,
We're going to Lauderdale in midMarch, and are looking to do 3 days of diving. Anyone know of a dive operator to recommend?
Thanks.

Many good ops in the area, what is your experience level and what type of dives are you interested in?

There are many great dive ops in the area and I'm sure you will get a good list here.

My hands-down, personal favorite, is Sea Experience II out of Bahia Mar. Capt. Bill Cole has been driving and diving these waters for about 30 years and NOBODY knows the reefs better. Bill and his crew are sweet, gracious, helpful, and tons of fun. The boat is roomy and stable, fast and quiet, and he keeps it clean as a whistle.

Depending on what day (you need to look at his online schedule), he has dives for all levels, and the boat has a glass bottom viewing window that is great for non-diving sig others and kids. Snorkelers are welcome on the shallower dives.

As I said, there are other excellent choices, but when I personally have a day off and want to do a boat dive in Broward, I book SeaXP.

My hands-down, personal favorite, is Sea Experience II out of Bahia Mar. Capt. Bill Cole has been driving and diving these waters for about 30 years and NOBODY knows the reefs better. Bill and his crew are sweet, gracious, helpful, and tons of fun. The boat is roomy and stable, fast and quiet, and he keeps it clean as a whistle.

If it's the same boat that I dived from last month, it's got the glass bottom so you can look at the pretty fishies during your surface interval.

Funny cooincidence - I talked to Sea Experience before reading these replies, and I think that's who I'm going with. Many thanks to all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom