Jupiter area banked nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thezeker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody knows which shops in the Jupiter area sell banked nitrox? When I am in the West Palm area I use Divers Direct. I am planning some dives in the Jupiter area as I haven't gone there yet.

Thanks

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody knows which shops in the Jupiter area sell banked nitrox? When I am in the West Palm area I use Divers Direct. I am planning some dives in the Jupiter area as I haven't gone there yet.

Thanks

The only place I know that even banks multiple mixes is Fill Express in Pompano. Not very close to Jupiter though. I take it that your tanks are not O2 clean?

The only place I know that even banks multiple mixes is Fill Express in Pompano. Not very close to Jupiter though. I take it that your tanks are not O2 clean?
That is correct. As their VIP's come up I'll get them done.

You should O2 clean them yourself and save ungodly price of having them sent out for cleaning.
I had 2 brand spanking new tanks that a LDS in WPB wouldn't fill with blended nitrox because the tanks didn't have stickers on them.
They wanted to charge me $146.00 to send two tanks out to be O2 cleaned.
Mind you....these tanks were just removed from the factory shipping cartons and had never been filled.
I didn't want to be underhanded and just slap EAN stickers on them.
In fact, I don't want EAN stickers on my tanks period.
After some logical reasoning, they came around.
Don't ask which shop......I can't divulge that info.
But the bottom line is....you CAN clean them yourself and do just as good if not better job than the facility they send them out to.

It amazes me how much info about NitrOx is simply WRONG.

You don't need to O2 clean tanks that will only be using banked NitrOx mixes to %40.

The same is true for continuous blending and membrane systems.

I will never have my tanks filled with partial pressure again. The last time, I was poisoned by the result. It wasn't the shop's fault... it was the fault of the shop before it who contaminated the tanks.

You should O2 clean them yourself and save ungodly price of having them sent out for cleaning.
I had 2 brand spanking new tanks that a LDS in WPB wouldn't fill with blended nitrox because the tanks didn't have stickers on them.
They wanted to charge me $146.00 to send two tanks out to be O2 cleaned.
Mind you....these tanks were just removed from the factory shipping cartons and had never been filled.
I didn't want to be underhanded and just slap EAN stickers on them.
In fact, I don't want EAN stickers on my tanks period.
After some logical reasoning, they came around.
Don't ask which shop......I can't divulge that info.
But the bottom line is....you CAN clean them yourself and do just as good if not better job than the facility they send them out to.

You might be able to clean them yourself, but you cant get a valid VIP sticker to prove it.-Most porfessional shops wont honor generic VIP stickers. Also, Be careful cleaning steel tanks yourself- rust is a nasty thing.

It amazes me how much info about NitrOx is simply WRONG.

You don't need to O2 clean tanks that will only be using banked NitrOx mixes to %40.

The same is true for continuous blending and membrane systems.

I will never have my tanks filled with partial pressure again. The last time, I was poisoned by the result. It wasn't the shop's fault... it was the fault of the shop before it who contaminated the tanks.
My lds only does partial blending and they won't do that if tanks are not 02 clean. Thats why I needed to find out who in Jupiter had banked nitrox.

You might be able to clean them yourself, but you cant get a valid VIP sticker to prove it.-Most porfessional shops wont honor generic VIP stickers. Also, Be careful cleaning steel tanks yourself- rust is a nasty thing.
Holy crap! $146.00!! My lds quoted me at 30.00 per tank. I'll just have them do it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom