Fogging Dive Optix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob-B

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have just started using a Dive Optix bifocal on one side of my mask. I have made about 10 dives without it falling off, but may have to remove it because I cannot stop it from fogging. I have used several types of defogger, but the result is always the same. I have tried holding the mask underwater till it is time to start the dive, but always the same result. I thought the big trouble was going to be keeping the lens stuck on the mask.
I can keep the rest of the mask clear but the Dive Optix lens fogging is irritating.

Anyone have any hints about the fogging?

I am very interested, I just purchased a set and have not put them on my mask yet. I had hoped to use them to see my camera settings easier. Why did you choose to use just one side? How quickly are they fogging?
Thanks
Herb

Clean it like mad. That's helped me keep the fogging down.

My wife used one Dive Optix lens as a gauge reader. It worked great for almost a year and then started fogging. I gave up and replaced it with the other lens we had not used. In no time it was also having the fogging problem. I decided the surface must age and become vulnerable to fogging. Finally resolved the issue with prescription lenses. Costly but very effective.

I Why did you choose to use just one side? How quickly are they fogging?
Thanks
Herb

I changed from a wrist computer to a console because the numbers are so much larger. There are still some small numbers so I thought I would use the DiveOptix to be able to read everything. Because the console is on my left side, and from other posts I read about the use of DiveOptix, I only am using it on the left lens of the mask.

It fogs almost as soon as I put the mask on. A real pain in the A--!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom