Spearfishing buddy NE Indiana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good morning...

I would like to know if anyone is into spearfishing in the NE Indiana - NW Ohio area. Eventhough in Indiana we can only go after what the DNR classifies as "trash fish" I'm looking for a spearfishing buddy to refine some skills with.

Regards
Don

"... first to admit that I fell for it"

Fell for what H2Ohead?

I'd just like to register my disappointment that people feel they can't enjoy diving without finding something to kill.

Am I the only one or do other Scuba Board members agree ?

rdbark
"I'd just like to register..."
Okay, its registered... :D

"...my disappointment that people feel they can't enjoy diving without finding something to kill."

Wow... now isn't that insightful!

Try www.spearboard.com where you will be welcomed. There is a lot more spearfishing info over there, alot less of the depressing "you are gonna die cause you're a stroke, non-DIR accident waiting to happen idiot" posts that you get on a lot of these threads.

People just don't understand that hunters and fishermen are some of the most active conservationists.

ouachita
Thank you for your reply. Actually, I'm quite familiar with Spearboard.com...lurk there several times a day learning something everytime I check it out. Read one of your posts in the Off Topic area earlier today, funny stuff! Not exactly in the same league as you folks...guess I live in the wrong part of the hemisphere.

Actually considered posting this request there but thought I'd post here first given the number of divers in this (my)area. Then segue this request to that board if nothing is generated here.

Best Regards
Don

dco -

I would love to respond, but I have no idea how to spearfish...and I do not need yet another addicting reason to go diving....I am self-restraining myself at this time until I see fit...for now I'll just stick with trying to get good pictures taken with my uw camera

Hey Big T

It's the thought that counts...thanks... Where I travel spearfishing is always on the agenda and feel compelled to show the guys on the coast that those of us from the Midwest can hold our own.

To plagarize (and modify) a comment made to me by one of the ScubaGuys....

They have the ocean....but we have a quarry... with a bus!:D

Best Regards
Don

dcostanza once bubbled...

It's the thought that counts...<snip>

They have the ocean....but we have a quarry... with a bus!:D

Another thought....

We could make a life-sized fishing target (particle board...styrofoam...I'm sure mike has something laying around at gilboa) and bolt it to the front of the bus.....or somewhere....that way you can have "target practice....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom