Ssi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaspider

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm certified by SSI and was wandering if ne one else is cuz all I ever hear or see is ppl from PADI and NAUI.

I know I'm not the only one, (well, I hope I'm not), so I was just wandering if ne one else out there is SSI? If not/so, what made you chose SSI or the agency you are certified from?

For me, it's the only dive shop/agency that's local.

Thanks,

:spider:

I am SSI Certified as well. There are lots of other people on the board that have some type of SSI qualification. I have studied PADI as well (but was not certified)
I had the opportunity to interview my teacher before I was committed to the course. They were all old hats, very exerienced, very patient, excellent sense of humor, and knowlegeable. So I decided to go the SSI route. I didn't care what the Agency was, I wanted the best instructor I could find. That should be the decision factor.. not the school. In my humble opinion, The Agency is only as good as the Instructor.

I am SSI certified also....but at the time the shop didn't offer me a choice! That was who they used....

I'm SSI as well as US Navy and Collage of Oceaneering at San Diego.

SSI here too, I've completed almost all of the specialty classes SSI has to offer withe the exception of fish identity and a couple others like that , and overall I am very satisfied with my training. And of course an excellent instructor was key to all of that.

I am trained through SSI myself. The reason is that the best instructors in the local area for my personal preference are with SSI shops. There is no reason beyond that. I do have a couple of certs through IANTD as well.

I was certified NASDS in 1971, and they were bought out by SSI, so now I'm SSI.

I heard a rumor that SSI was goint to buy out NAUI. Anyone hear anything about this??

Back
Top Bottom