Downloaded data to PC from Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just downloaded the data from my latest trip to Honduras... First time loading prerequisite programs and then downloading the data. Everything went smoothly. However, I'm really disappointed in the interface. An expensive computer that's well designed and performs well, but the interface is just crap! I'm usually on a Mac but I also have a PC for PC only programs like this one. It just reminds me why I like a Mac. I hope the Mac program for the Wisdom 2 comes out soon... or maybe I can find a Mac interface that works with the Wisdom 2. Sorry to say that it's a letdown... :(

Is anyone else using anything different for the Wisdom 2 to view data?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Mac software for the Wisdom. I doubt that there would be enough demand. If they did produce software for a Mac why do you think it would be superior to PC software?

Designers for Mac programs seem to create a different look and function for their programs than do PC designers. Different mindset I guess. So yeah, it's the designers and not the PC, obviously, but reading the instructions about what to do if the installation is aborted seemed pretty user unfriendly. 3 out of the 4 instructions describe some type of difficulty or problem that may happen when loading the software and then how to fix it or work around it. Not much of a vote of confidence.

I had to laugh when the instructions on the back of the Download Cable box said:
4. When installing Hardware on a Windows XP system, you will receive an alert indicating "The hardware you are installing does not pass Windows logo testing and may damage your system."
*Disregard the alert and select "continue anyway".
Makes me feel really confident...

In an older post, the Sherwood Rep talked about the real possibility of doing a Mac interface that was in the works... not sure if it will come about but hoping it will.

That message comes from Microsoft to scare you! Just means they had nothing to do with and don't want hassled about it!

I have both PC and MAC systems, really do not see a major difference in the two. Years ago there was.

Good Luck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom