Almost FREE Rescue Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florida Scuba Divers

Contributor
Reaction score
Almost FREE Rescue Course

Scuba Works is offering an “Almost Free Rescue Course” on March 6, 7, 13 & 14. We will spend all four days training to complete the entire course. If you are interested you will have to complete all the required book work before class begins on March 6th.

There are 3 reasons why so few divers become Rescue Diver trained.

1. PERCEPTION – Many a diver think that they will never need rescue skills while doing recreational diving. Not true…. Especially in our waters off Palm Beach where the current is strong, loaded with wrecks, and hunting is popular. Rescue Diver qualified is very much a needed skill.

2. TIME – Most divers don’t want to take the time necessary to learn rescue divers skills. However, those who have had to use those skills to save a buddy or themselves, say the pay back is 100 fold.

3. COST – With any worthwhile training there is a cost associated with it. However, Stephen is willing to donate his time to teach the course keeping the cost to a minimum. Here are the costs: PADI Rescue Diver Book – $39.75, Rescue Pocket Mask - $9.95, PADI Rescue Diver Cert Card - $20.00 and 2 Two Tank Boat Dives @ $60.00 each. That totals $189.70. While it is not FREE it is as close as you can get.

4. PREREQUISES - All students must be Advanced Open Water certified, Nitrox certified, and Emergency First Responder (EFR) certified. If you are not Nitrox or EFR, Scuba Works will offer those courses at a discounted price of $99.00 each. Other items that you will need for the Rescue Course are a safety sausage, reel, and a log book.

If you want to sign up or get more information, please call Scuba Works at 561-575-DIVE (3483).

With the season right around the corner I think you guys qualify as guardian angels. Thumbs up to your effort! Way to go!

They have top notch instructors at Scuba Works, and my schedule looks like it is going to be clear on those dates, so I am 90% sure I am going to sign up and go for it!

Why do you require Nitrox?

Why do you require Nitrox?

They require it because of the deep profiles in Jupiter. With all the students and deep profiles, they would never be able to complete the coarse objectives without hitting the NDL's.

Will this be offered again in near future? Hope so cuz I'm interested.

I sure wish a LDS would offer this awesome deal on our side by that I mean the Gulf side of Florida. This is a deal you can't afford to pass up!!

They require it because of the deep profiles in Jupiter. With all the students and deep profiles, they would never be able to complete the coarse objectives without hitting the NDL's.

What course objective requires Nitrox or even deep dives in the Rescue course?

O2 provider is a good one, but Nitrox?

A compliment to the original poster, this sounds like an excellent deal for those in the area! I'm just trying to figure out that Nitrox part.

Last edited:
What course objective requires Nitrox or even deep dives in the Resuce course?....... I'm just trying to figure out that Nitrox part.

I do not think it is a course objective, rather a 'geographic' objective, as the location, number of dives, and all that is planned during this course makes using EAN the safest, most logical gas to be breathing.

Also, I do not think the last course happened due to lack of interest (which I think was because of the cold weather) but hope this is offered in the near future too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom