Seawing Nova Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beninfl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got the new Nova's and was wondering about the size... I got mediums and wear a size 9 shoe, and have high arches. This should be fine with my normal booties, but was curious if anyone had them with 5mm + rock bottoms.

Thanks!

I am a size 8 and use booties with my Nova medium fins, not sure about spec (booties) should be around 5mm and is perfect for me.

I am very interrested in buying the Novas and am watching another thread. Let me know what you think of them.

I just bought a pair and am a size 9 with a high arch and wide foot EEE. I went back and forth in the LDS between medium and large and the large just seemed to loose so went with Medium with a pretty hard soled boot. I tested them in a pool when I bought a pair for my son and really liked them over splits but will be in the water this weekend and report back.

B.

So after 8 dives in CZM, I can say that they:
1. provide more resistance than splits
2. are easier to frog kick, etc.
3. I'm not sure about efficiency and speed, etc.

After 4 dives in the Caymans was very pleased. Super comfortable with good power and easy to frog kick.

B.

I bought a pair of size Medium Seawing Nova fins today.

I wear Size 9 booties with thick soles - Seasoft Sunrays - for warm clear water shore diving.

I'll try them out on my upcoming St. Croix trip in May and report back, but most reviews have been very positive. I saw even John Bantin had good things to say about his experience with these - his only 'downside' was the limited availability in the UK at the time he wrote his review. A 'ten star' rated product from him isn't easy to come by!

FINS SCUBAPRO SEAWING NOVA - Divernet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom