Amoray Dive Resort Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPAPPAS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well - reality is back - im now back in the snow in michigan - and all i have are all the great memories of a super vacation in Key largo. We stayed at the Amoray dive resort and the staff and hospitality were fantastic - as a first time ocean diver they made our stay extremely comfortable - the staff helped me out and i'd like to thank Jacob - the capt. of the Amoray Dive boat and all the mates that helped out over the week we were there.The water was warm although the temperature was in the high 60's water was a nice 70 deg. The reefs were teaming with life and had a couple of very awesome sights - especially the school of 50 or so barracuda - not ten feet from me - the turtles or the eagle rays.
Thanks Amoray - we had a great time and i'd recommend them as an excellent place to stay

John and Rhonda Pappas

thnx..

I stayed there my first ever family dive trip and they were OK.

Not great but OK -

They were one hell of a lot better than the current weather situation....................

I stayed there my first ever family dive trip and they were OK. Not great but OK - They were one hell of a lot better than the current weather situation....................

DeputyDan, well spoken: "Not great but OK" "...better than the current weather...." Sums it up adequately. They are not, by ANY, ANY stretch of the imagination 'great' but OK, considering the current wx situation.

I have to somewhat disagree with the "not great but OK' statement -- for what they are, Amoray is a great value and have an excellent staff, all of whom are very interested in trying to make sure their guests have a fantastic dive trip with them. The boat crews are not only capable, they are actually trying hard to make sure their guests get the best possible experience in a fun way. At the same time, are the accommodations 5 Star ? Not by a long shot. But they are clean and functional and well maintained units. If you want a 5 star hotel for your dive trips, this won't satisfy you. If you want a fun, memorable trip and don't mind having the staff remembering who you are 3 months after you've been there, Amoray is the kind of place you want to be at. For my money, they are a great place to stay and I know I'm looking forward to my next stay with them. It will be like visiting friends !

Last edited:
I have to somewhat disagree with the "not great but OK' statement -- for what they are, Amoray is a great value and have an excellent staff, all of whom are very interested in trying to make sure their guests have a fantastic dive trip with them. The boat crews are not only capable, they are actually trying hard to make sure their guests get the best possible experience in a fun way. At the same time, are the accommodations 5 Star ? Not by a long shot. But they are clean and functional and well maintained units. If you want a 5 star hotel for your dive trips, this won't satisfy you. If you want a fun, memorable trip and don't mind having the staff remembering who you are 3 months after you've been there, Amoray is the kind of place you want to be at. For my money, they are a great place to stay and I know I'm looking forward to my next stay with them. It will be like visiting friends !

I second that!:)
Its a nice place,staff,boat,location and place to stay! It is not the Ritz but you ain't paying them prices, for the price to stay,easy to get stuff to boat as in location IMO its then a great place!:blinking:
there are far,far,far, worse places to stay in the Keys!:wink:
I recommend them all the time and never heard bad stay & dive trip reports from any one!:D
just my 2 cents,:)
Brad
down in 2 weeks warm up FLORIDA! your killing me with the prices of tomatoes up here!:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom