SP Jet Fin Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is it normal to have the whole of the heel outside the fin pocket? The LG size fits me perfect on the sides but too short on the length. The XL on the other hand covers much better to the heel but leaving too much room on the sides.

Check out my avatar. I am wearing jets and my heel is protruding out all the way. No problem with function. I think I am wearing my baby mediums in that picture. With drysuit I have bigger jets and heel does not get covered much more either. (I think my profile pic has an example of that coverage.) Both work great, and the strap keeps the fins firmly on. You don't want all of the heel in as it might hinder ankle movement.

You do not want much looseness sideways either as that makes the fin very sloppy and tires you when finning. Lengthwise you can snug it if you don't get too large a pair. I recommend spring straps from start too.

Back
Top Bottom