suunto d4 dive computer, any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriner

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So i'm on the cusp of buying myself a suunto d4, i need a computer (been relying on my trusty analogue beaver depth gauge, that really isn't very trusty at all.) The d4 i found is only £280 and i cant really afford to go too much over that price. It seems a solid choice, i know suunto supposedly lead the market and all that. plus i'm a huge fan of freediving as well as SCUBA which makes this particular model good because of the freediving option. Just wanted to hear if anyones got one and wanted to confirm my choice. On the other hand anyone with a different dive computer want to stake their claim to the best affordable wrist computer. Thanks all.

I am diving Suunto computers are they are nice enough - some feel the algorithm is too conservative. Do a search on Suunto and you will find lots of comments.

Personally, I do think much of dive watches. Though I use D3 as a bottomtimer/depth gauge.

My husband dives a D4 and he likes it....he bought it in place of the D3 he used to dive because it had both a dive mode and a free dive mode. It's a little conservative for my taste, however, but he seems to like it.

Personally, I prefer to dive a computer in gauge mode and track my depth average, rather than deal with an overly conservative computer. But many people would prefer a computer, and for that, Suunto's are a pretty good choice.

Back
Top Bottom