Grays Reef Spearfishing extravaganza!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brailediver

Registered
Reaction score
Since they have seen fit to ban spearos & allow other, more destructive methods of harvest to continue, I and some others think that we should all enjoy this chance to spear GAs only marine sanctuary before the ban on March 22nd.
They will even allow fish traps. Just not spearing. Go figure!
This singling out of spearos for elimination is just the beginning!
Grays was chosen for this because it is small & no one is paying attention. It will soon spread to other marine sanctuaries as well. Don't believe me?
Any one care to participate?

Some times I do not want to play by the rules when hearing this B.S. I have been lucky to enjoy spearing for many years and hope some spearfishing associations can help with advice .

This singling out of spearos for elimination is just the beginning!
Grays was chosen for this because it is small & no one is paying attention. It will soon spread to other marine sanctuaries as well. Don't believe me?
Any one care to participate?

Gray's reef is only the latest in a long line of closure of sanctuaries to spearo's, while allowing H&L. Flower Gardens has been closed to spearing since inception, Florida Keys in places, as well as others. Don't feel singled out.

Back
Top Bottom