Aeris XR1 - replacement battery life time ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I posted the same thread at Aeris forum but seem no many people visit vendor's subforum so I repost here.

I bought 2 Aeris XR1 in 2008 for my daughter and my wife. Recently, after approx. 50 dives, both of them require battery replacement.
No problem for the first one until now (15 dives). But not for the second computer.
Just after 12 dives, the lo batt status was flashing again. I though, the battery quality was not good - so I replace with another new battery. Even worst now; it can only survive for 3 dives.
I don't think I made a mistake when I replaced the battery. I also replaced my Atmos 2 battery - and so far has reached more than 40 dives without any problem.
Any advise please ...what can I do ?
My next trip is less than a week - not possible to send to service center - as no service center in the country. The nearest one is in Singapore (Oceanic, not Aeris).

Thanks for any comment and suggestion

All you can do is rent or buy another computer in that short period of time.

I used to have that computer and compared to others I've owned it was harder on batteries. Obviously if it won't last 3 dives there is a problem with the computer however.

If it is set to water activation and you are storing it where the contacts are getting wet this will cause a problem as well. You can set it for manual activation as I recall.

I'd just buy a better computer and deal with the Aeris when you get home and get it replaced (if under warranty) and then sell it or keep it as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom