Which are the best spring straps for SCUBAPRO JET FINS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO, This is not as cut and dry of an answer as you think!

I stock XS Scuba & Halcyon. Reason being ... proper fit!

Put your fin on with what ever boot you will be wearing.
Take a measurement from pinhole and around your ankle to the other pinhole.
Once I have this measurement I see which Spring Strap will give the best fit.

I find that the lengths are different between the 2 manufacturers, sometimes the XS fits people better and sometimes it's the Halcyon that works better. The key is for them to be just snug. Some are too loose and some are too tight. Between the 2, I am able to give people the ideal fit.

If you need any help with this feel free to PM me or give me a call.

Another vote for XS Scuba .. they are very solid, and the mounting system (based on a screw with friction nut) seems to me more solid than a simple bent wire like in other models.

IF you really want you can make your own for around $10 and in 15 minutes. Mcmaster.com sells the springs, then you an buy some small Delrin for a couple bucks and use the existing pins on your jet fins. There was a good thread somewhere on here with directions. Just a thought.

Great suggestions guys. I was asking because my instructor had a set of springs and the pin came out on of them. Luckily she had a back up or else the $300 dive would've been cancelled.
I should've asked her what brand they were.

I had Halcyon, they broke, I bought another pair and the plastic on two of them is shattered but I am still using them on one pair and the ones I got form a fellow scubaboard member on the other.

Also, it should be noted, Halycon did not stand by their product.

N

Keep your original straps (at least 1) in your save a dive kit.

Back
Top Bottom