How do I dive Saudi Arabia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be coming on an Omrah Visa and plan on doing some dives. Can anyone tell me where the best diving is and how do I go about it? Recommendations, experiences etc??? Shukran

ok, haven't been there before but here is a site from a saudi diver friend:

????? ????? ?????? ? ??????? ????? - ???? ??????.???

The bad news it is in Arabic so I hope you can read Arabic :D

just choose Saudia Arabia in the country list and write jeddah (in arabic) in the city list and hit the button, it will list something like 8 centers with the contact info... just call them and see how you can proceed :)

let us know if this works and how much you enjoyed that...

AFAIK you can dive Saudi Arabia only with a liveaboard or if you are there on a permanent working VISA.Actually I thought it was possible only via liveaboard but then I saw a post on a forum from an American guy who said that he could dive there but it was possible only because he was working there.

I was in Gizan (near the Yemeni border) for about a week right after the Gulf War. I was looking for areas to build a shrimp hatchery for Saudi Fisheries. Came in from Bahrain across a loooooong bridge and about 5 checkpoints.
Anyway, there was some Turkish guys there catching and exporting tropical fish. I would guess they had a compressor and tanks around. You could have shore dived from there. Clear water and rocky shoreline. Small waves to flat. Beautiful.
I never saw any sign of a dive shop though. We flew up to Jeddah to check out a spot too. Good luck. It looks unreal.

Google Desert Sea Divers in Jedda there one of about 6 operators who do day boats out to local Reefs and Liveaboard trips. Also various Jedda Hotels, the Al Bilad to name one have there own private beaches with good shore dives. Jedda has an active diving community.

Back
Top Bottom