LBTS conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
anybody been to LBTS or surrounding area? I'm wanting to take my wifey out there to experience but don't wanna drive and be un prepared. I seen water temps were about 70. I think a skin and my 5mm will do me fine and her 7mm should be ok but cold water currents can change that. so whats it been like out there.

GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...

Tonight... West winds 21 to 26 knots near shore to west 26 to 31 knots well offshore. Frequent gusts to gale force. Seas 6 to 8 feet building to 7 to 9 feet. Intracoastal waters rough in exposed areas. Scattered showers and thunderstorms offshore before dark...Then a slight chance of showers.

Wednesday... West winds 22 to 27 knots becoming 17 to 22 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet subsiding to 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Wednesday Night... Northwest winds 17 to 22 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet subsiding to 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Thursday... Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Thursday Night... Northwest winds 13 to 18 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Friday... Northwest winds 13 to 18 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Friday Night... North winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Saturday... North winds 14 to 19 knots becoming 12 to 15 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Saturday Night... North winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Sunday... Northeast winds 10 to 14 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

I'm not a fan of reading the reports of what they think MAY happen. there where times the forcast was saying it's going to be really bad conditions and we get to a place and it was perfect. Didn't know if anyone had been out there lately.

It looks great on the fort lauderdale camera right now with westerly winds, 1 foot on the Dania report. It could turn bad by this afternoon.

It does not look bad at all right now. It was pretty flat all of last week, turned choppy yesterday. Flat right now.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom