Need Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sassyalice

Oracle
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a dry suit to design. Oceaner. 3 mm crushed. my color choices are black (boring) Blue, red, pink, florescent yellow and purple. I can do my arms , legs neck, and around the kneepads I am torn with what to do for my core my LDS told me (Since I am such a cold hearted bitch) IN A FUN DORKY WAY OF COURSE. that I might want to go with titanium material on the core material as it will keep me a little warmer, but it only comes in black :shakehead:
I am going to galapagos and might need the extra warmth/durability. But having the main part black doesn't really interest me. I will have a couple of thigh pockets and a belly pouch. And the stitching can be any of the above colors. Any Suggestions??

I have a dry suit to design. Oceaner. 3 mm crushed. my color choices are black (boring) Blue, red, pink, florescent yellow and purple. I can do my arms , legs neck, and around the kneepads I am torn with what to do for my core my LDS told me (Since I am such a cold hearted bitch) IN A FUN DORKY WAY OF COURSE. that I might want to go with titanium material on the core material as it will keep me a little warmer, but it only comes in black :shakehead:
I am going to galapagos and might need the extra warmth/durability. But having the main part black doesn't really interest me. I will have a couple of thigh pockets and a belly pouch. And the stitching can be any of the above colors. Any Suggestions??

Forget the titanium. With 3mm crushed, you are already getting some warmth out of the suit itself so any "extra" warmth from the suit it really not necessary. We have been diving through the ice for the last couple of months and we almost exclusively use Tri-lam which really has no insulating properties. just put an additional layer underneath. I like to add real silk (I get it from Cabelas) absolutely no bulk, but still adds to the warmth.

For colors, hmm...
Go for most of the bulk in purple, use red for the arms and trim the neck and knee pads in yellow. :wink:

For colors, hmm...
Go for most of the bulk in purple, use red for the arms and trim the neck and knee pads in yellow. :wink:

Yeah, blend into the coral! Before you know the fish will nibble on you :dork2:

For colors, hmm...

I'd say use yellow for the arms because red does fade into black at depth. Trim it out in red accents for lookin' good on the surface. And yes, purple for the core.:dork2:

I missed on the purple... but got a rocking suit will post pic

29483_420390867596_600252596_5895288_8342966_n.jpg

Don't know how to upload picture........ Go Ahead and call me a DORK. LOL
:dork2::dork2::dork2:

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy had a cool drysuit.
29136_1460377634658_1389953549_31223664_4104555_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom