Fins for Travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am returning to scuba after a 43yr.hiatus. I bought a pair of (Aqualung Sling-Shot Fins) from the local dive shop. I like them well enough, but might want to investigate purchasing a second pair (Lighter for Travel). I have looked at some fins made by Zeagle (Product name escapes me?) Any Suggestions?
Thanks!
Bob Rubenstein
In Razorback Country

My suggestion would be either Force Fin Pros or Oceanic Caribe X. I have both and they are both very light. The force fins are smaller, but the caribe x are lighter. The caribe x is a full foot fin, so may not suit your style if you want to wear a boot (unless you wear a size larger to compensate).

I don't know about the fins mangrove described, but the Zeagle fins you asked about are the EZ Travel Fins. I have about 50 dives on the previous model, the Teluoz (sp?) from Zeagle and really like them a lot. The foot strap system is just like a Teva sandal, really comfortable. You could use these fins barefoot or with any size boot or water shoe. The fins are a bit flexible, but if you crank 'em they will move you. They pack flat and are light weight.

I saw the new model at OWU two weeks ago and they look even better. The blades are now a compound rubber/plastic and there is an extra strap on the for the foot part. Here's a link:

Buy EZ Travel Finz scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express

If you're traveling to dive, take the fins that will help you to dive well. For me, those are my OMS Slipstreams. I also pack my SS backplate and can light!

Last edited:
If you're traveling to dive, take the fins that will help you to dive well.

I agree. Too often "travel fins" just mean "fins compatible with my airline baggage allowance". Why leave your favourite fins at home and make do with whatever is to the liking of the airline which simply transports you to the diving destination? "Travel fins" only make sense if you're planning to use your fins for something like swimhiking, where you have to carry them from place to place.

For smaller fins, I've considered the Zeagle travel fins and their predecessor. But for every good review I've read I've seen more that make me concerned I won't have power when I want it. Another fin that is small for travel is the APS Mantaray (or DeepOutdoors 6-Gill Fin same thing) but I've also heard some of the same concerns. Then there's Force fins, a whole different game and very expensive. But if you're mostly concerned about the weight and not the size, lots of nice plastic fins are actually about the same weight as the Mantarays. Any of the rubber fins will be heavier.

I'm partial to the original US Divers blades (long discontinued and replaced with ones no one seems to think are as good.) You can often buy used ones cheap on eBay, and while they're not short they're pretty light and an excellent fin.

If you are worried about the weight restrictions flying cut back on things you really don't need. my favorite dive gear always comes first.
just a thought.

i'll second the force fins pro. they have been my preferred travel fins for years and have seen many different environments.

there are a few things that make ForceFins a great choice for travel
1) lightwieght- <4lbs per pair
2) compact- about 17 inches long, which is about 6 or more inches shorter than most, making them easier to pack
3) barefoot or bootie- the same fin can be worn barefoot or with a bootie, just stick the comfort instep in them
4) odd things crushing them will not matter. even if every heavy thing in your bag is crushing them and they are left on the tarmac baking in the hot sun for hours they will be completely fine, no more dry rot, no more crushed or stretched foot pockets
5) easy to don and doff- the most awkward part of putting fins on is the heel strap. well with these you don't need them, and if you choose to used them for security, they are an easy to use bungie cord, so you don't have to worry about breaking a strap

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom