Suunto D4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone use or have used the D4? Any feedback is appreciated.

Also Im looking for opinions/suggestions on bottom timers. I see some divers just using a simple $60.00 watch to some using devices like the D4.

Suunto tends to be one of the most conservative computers out there. For me and most, too conservative.

Bottom Timer:
Do you have a Computer? If yes, then I would recommend a ScubaPro Bottom Timer for redundancy. It gives you everything (except tracking Nitrogen) for redundancy. A cheap watch only has redundancy for time.
Bottom Timer Features:
- Depth
- Bottom Time
- Ascent Rate
- Temperature
- Avg. Depth
- Surfac Interval

If you don't have a computer, then I recommend that you get one (wrist)! A good diver is a self sufficient one and you should be responsible for your own NDL, Bottom Time, Ascent rate, Depth etc..., with out relying on another person. I have also found that divers who have a Digital read out as far as Depth, tend to have better buoyancy control than if you only had an analog gauge.

If you are weighing out, Bottom Timer/Computer, then I would recommend computer. Look at an Oceanic VEO 2.0, or VEO 3.0.

VEO 2.0 - VEO 2.0 Wrist Computers *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

VEO 3.0 - VEO 3.0 Wrist Computers *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Let me know if I can help you out with anything. I see you are from NY, if you are around, check us out at The Beneath the Sea Dive Show - March 19,20 & 21, 2010

Suunto tends to be one of the most conservative computers out there. For me and most, too conservative.

Bottom Timer:
Do you have a Computer? If yes, then I would recommend a ScubaPro Bottom Timer for redundancy. It gives you everything (except tracking Nitrogen) for redundancy. A cheap watch only has redundancy for time.
Bottom Timer Features:
- Depth
- Bottom Time
- Ascent Rate
- Temperature
- Avg. Depth
- Surfac Interval

If you don't have a computer, then I recommend that you get one (wrist)! A good diver is a self sufficient one and you should be responsible for your own NDL, Bottom Time, Ascent rate, Depth etc..., with out relying on another person. I have also found that divers who have a Digital read out as far as Depth, tend to have better buoyancy control than if you only had an analog gauge.

If you are weighing out, Bottom Timer/Computer, then I would recommend computer. Look at an Oceanic VEO 2.0, or VEO 3.0.

VEO 2.0 - VEO 2.0 Wrist Computers *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

VEO 3.0 - VEO 3.0 Wrist Computers *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Let me know if I can help you out with anything. I see you are from NY, if you are around, check us out at The Beneath the Sea Dive Show - March 19,20 & 21, 2010

Yes I already have a wrist mount computer, Im looking for a bottom timer as Im going the Tech route so Im looking for opinions on bottom timers. I can still use my computer in gauge mode in addition to a bottom timer.

Totally correct. I teach our Tec Dept and I personally use Tables (V-Planner)/Bottom Timer with the Liquivision X1. No need to spend the extra money for a computer. Down the road you will probably be going to a Multi-Gas. You'll love the SP Bottom Timer, a lot of Tec divers use them, very reliable and you can get the DS & S Bungee Mount for it as well. We usually have a promotion on them at the BTS Show.

Totally correct. I teach our Tec Dept and I personally use Tables (V-Planner)/Bottom Timer with the Liquivision X1. No need to spend the extra money for a computer. Down the road you will probably be going to a Multi-Gas. You'll love the SP Bottom Timer, a lot of Tec divers use them, very reliable and you can get the DS & S Bungee Mount for it as well. We usually have a promotion on them at the BTS Show.

You're talking about the digital 330M right?

YES

Sorry, I was rushing out of the shop last night and got the dates wrong. It's the following weekend. March 26,27 & 28th.

Back
Top Bottom