Good Spearfishing Cameras??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toastman

Contributor
Reaction score
I just can't seem to choose which camera to get for my spearfishing expeditions.

I'm looking at the SeaLife DC1000, but I"m just not too sure. (My budget is $500)

I definitely don't want the GoPro

Keep in mind it is for Freshwater use (if that matters)

What do you guys use???

Nice videos, I have a similar set up with my old gun. I, however, chose to go with a cheaper camera- the Intova IC-600. It takes decent pictures (all the pictures on my profile are either from the intova, except for the oldest few. I chose not to get an expensive camera due to the fact that the spear gun can get banged around sometimes. I haven't had that problem as it turns out, but I still like the camera. Video is good, and it's very light when on the gun.

Get the Flip! Under $200 bones, no tapes, one click upload to the Internet, comes with it's own editing software and all that, ...it's the bomb!

Flip Video Camcorders

I second this motion! I bought this camera for my wife and think it would be great for mounting to the spear gun. Although, I haven't gotten the underwater case to try yet. It is very light, simple, and takes great video.

It would probably even equate to less drag on the spear gun. That may be my next project.

Below are a few pictures of my first gun, mounted with camera.

Attachments

• speargun - camera project1.jpg
    speargun - camera project1.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 627
  • speargun - camera project3.jpg
    speargun - camera project3.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 397
  • speargun - camera project6.jpg
    speargun - camera project6.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 440
the water is just hazy, we dont get to many days of good viz.

right know i just have two pices of wood screwed together. then zip tied to the gun. it has a bolt runing up to screw into the camera. I put aluminum tape over it to make it look cool.

Attachments

• PICT0144.jpg
    PICT0144.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 272
  • PICT0146.jpg
    PICT0146.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 193
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom