Florida Keys??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njedrn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I'm heading to the Florida Keys in the end of March. (Very exotic locale... I know) But I was hoping someone had some advice or knew of some dive boats than run a quality trip. I'm hoping to no be squished like sardines then to have 25 divers on the same small piece of structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The only charter I've spent any appreciable time with is Silent World. They get high marks here, offer great package deals, and are a good sized boat with about 10-12 divers.

Conch Republic in Tavernier as well as the others mentioned. Best of all in the Keys unless you request it there are no DM's in the water with most ops. You plan and dive the way you want to.

I just did my AOW with Bluewater Divers. I was very pleased with them. We went out with 2 divers on two days and three on 2 days. No shop just two great people who enjoy takeing you diving. Cristi was a great tearcher and Eric was a super chaptin we were out on some big waves

I like the keys, but, sadly, more for the "surface vibe" than the diving.

That said, I think you will be hard pressed to find a poor operator in Key Largo especially, its so competitive standards are generally high. At least thats my experience!.

I would maybe look at it a little differantly, and look for an operator who will take you to some differant reefs, my experience in Key Largo (actually most of the Keys) is that it can be very repetitive, mainly because operators all want to go to the same closer reefs, they are okay, but man, they are just so overdived, sometimes it can be like a public swimming pool, with boats of divers, swimmers and snorkellers all competing for space in a relatively small area - Its fun once or twice but then.........!

Maybe try and drive down to the middle keys for a dive as well, - a bit of a change!.

Thanks for all the advice. I've got 2 sites that I want to hit in particular (The Duane and the French reef),so that's the plan. I'm gonna check out these operations.

Another vote for Silent World in Key Largo. They are awesome. Been diving with them for 4 yrs and will come back this year.
They do the Duane, Spiegel, French, Molasses, Chirst of the Abyss .....
I've been on Spiegel and Duane a few times. Personally, I like the Spiegel more. More to see and the current is not as bad as on the Duane when I was there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom