Mask for Smaller Heads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babydoll

Registered
Reaction score
I've got a pretty small head for women and it has been a pain having to deal with leaky masks. It's also a hassle trying to adjust the straps tight enough so it won't leak but not so tight that it presses all over my face :( Does anyone have any recommendation on masks for smaller heads? Preferably masks that are within the affordable range :p

Thanks a lot!

The Atomic frameless would be my first recommendation. They got two sizes, make sure to try the smaller one.
Some people are happy with the Cressi big eyes.
Dive rite has a tiny 'backup' mask which I haven't tried.

None of those is cheap. But it's cheaper to buy a single well fitting mask than half a dozen leaking ones. In any case, try before you buy or make sure you can return it if it leaks.

My girl dives with a Mares X-Vision mask, and she loves it. She's got a TINY head. :)

The mask comes in black, too... Not all of them do. You lookin' for black or clear silicone?

Cressi Lince and Oceanic Shadow Micro are both good masks for smaller faces.

I've got a pretty small head for women and it has been a pain having to deal with leaky masks. It's also a hassle trying to adjust the straps tight enough so it won't leak but not so tight that it presses all over my face :( Does anyone have any recommendation on masks for smaller heads? Preferably masks that are within the affordable range :p

Thanks a lot!

Atomic Frameless is what I have found to be for a narrower face. If you have very small face some good quality masks for kids might do the trick

I've tried many and always had problems. Now I use the ScubaPro Scout Two Window Mask and love it. Its a small mask and not expensive.

i have a small head and have a tusa splendive II.

Have you tried a mask made for junior divers? (Kids) I just bought 6 of them for a new youth program I;m doing and they are definitely for smaller heads and just as high quality as an adult mask.

I use the AquaLung MicroMask Two Window Mask. Its a small volume mask with lenses close to the eyes. Even though its not specifically a mask for small faces I think you might find it well suited for your needs. Check it out at your local LDS.

I've been looking at the Mares X-vision. Some people told me the X-vision Mid is good for smaller face. Has anyone tried this mask? If so, how is it? Also, is there actually a big difference between the regular X-vision and the liquid skin?

There isn't a good dive shop selection around where I live, so it's kind of difficult for me to try masks on....I'm hoping to limit down my choices and then make sure the shop has the model I'm looking for before heading to try it on. So any input would be greatly appreciated! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom