212/DC2 Pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been researching regs to replace my aging Conshelf 20, have definitely decided to go with Hollis.

What's the deal with the 212/DC2 pricing? Some go for $300something and others go for $500something plus.

Is there something wrong with the cheaper ones, did they change the design, diaphragm, etc.

Tried searching the forums here for an answer, and google, but have been unable to turn anything up.

I believe that you will find that the cheaper ones are a discontinued model that Hollis has clearenced out. The only difference between the clearenced models and the current production models that I know of is that Hollis no longer uses the comfort swivle on the second stage. I was told Hollis did this in order to keep the price more competative. I got lucky and picked up one of the discounted models at a great price. Ive done a couple dives with mine and I love it. So basically, the discounted ones are better in my opinion as they are less expensive and you get the comfort swivle.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! After replacing the transmission in the van AGAIN, need every break I can get. Cheers.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! After replacing the transmission in the van AGAIN, need every break I can get. Cheers.

I have also been told that there is a potential issue with the placement of the HP/LP ports. With the DC2's being cleared it is not possible in some configurations to place a transmitter on the HP due to interference with LP hoses. This is from a LDS.

I have also been told that there is a potential issue with the placement of the HP/LP ports. With the DC2's being cleared it is not possible in some configurations to place a transmitter on the HP due to interference with LP hoses. This is from a LDS.

We have found this is only a problem when using certain HP transmitters. In which case a simple spacer has solved the issue. See here: AA29 High Pressure Spacer reviews and discounts, Trident

I have one and it is one of the best regs on the market.The discounted ones have a swivel 2nd stage.Some tech divers use a 7ft hose on their reg .You cant get one for this second stage.If that is not a problem for you cant come close to the performance for the price.Good luck.

I got a discounted one with no swivel... and the hose is kinda short...

Thanks Nick. Can I buy the swivel and attach it myself?

and it feels "like butter" in my mouth. I wanted to purchase the Hollis reg with a swivel but I couldn't find them anywhere so I bought directly from Hollis.

Back
Top Bottom