Waterlogged boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
HELP! I always bring up a lot of water in my boots. Is there a way to modify them so they will vent water?

Not too large, just enough to let water out.

How much water are we talking about? I normally have quite a bit of water. I remove and drain my boots after I secure my tank.

So you may have a normal amount.

Peter

If you do shore diving, be carefull cutting/drilling holes in your booties. Beast had the same problem so he made a coiuple of very small slits just above the sole in his booties. They let the water out allright, and let sand, dirt and small gravel in!

I won't matter on boat dives where you never walk in the sand.

Thanks, pdeoge, for the hole idea. I had almost gone ahead and poked a hole on the bottom of the boots, but I wanted to hear other thoughts.

Although I do mostly boat diving, I hadn't thought about the sand and small rocks during shore dives. Thanks, Dee, for the reminder.

I guess I'll just deal with the water I bring up with my boots. I assume it's a fairly normal amount.

You don't mention how you wear your boots, but if you wear them over the wet suit they will collect more water than if you tuck them under your wetsuit.

scuberd once bubbled...
I use that water to wash the sand and crud off of the other boot

"One bootie washes the other"

I do the exact same thing as scuberd. I generally don't have that much water in my boots...but enough to wash off the sand so that I can put them in the car.

Patrick

Back
Top Bottom