Used Vyper 2 Air Wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

woody143

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I can get one of these for $200. Is this a good price? The computer is 2 years old. It has about 30 dives on it. No problems with it. It is in very good condition. The manual is with it.

I would use this as a back up computer. Probably going to purchase a Suunto Gekko or similar (Cobra/Vyper)

I love my Vyper2. Good deal in my opinion. Gas switching and gauge mode.

Buying a used dive computer can be a risky proposition. The manufacturer's warranty is not transferable to you. If anything bad happens to the computer, you could be SOL.

That being said, if the computer is in decent shape and you know that the owner took good care of it, then it might be worth the risk. $200 seems like a good deal for the computer. You may be able to negotiate the price down a little if the seller is motivated enough to make the sale.

I bought a used Vyper about a year ago for about $100. It's been a great purchase so far. Good deals can be had if you are patient...and perhaps a little lucky. Good luck with your decision.

I just bought one from another SBer, back in late December. I think $200 is a good price for it, and 30 dives in 2 years is pretty light use. I'd say go for it, it is a nice computer. My wife uses it as a primary on warm water dives and I use it as a backup when not diving with her and when working with classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom