Computer to watch connection.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhillman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought I should share this experience with you friends. I bought a used Citizen Hyper Aqualand Watch model # MA9XXX. It included the parallel cable the cradle and the software. My new computer (Dell Vostro 220) does not have a Parallel port on the back. It does have a 9 pin serial port.

I tried to get an adapter from 25 to 9 pins but no success. I decided to modify the cable on my own. This is what I did. First I downloaded the new version of the Aqualand Graph 2 V2.1 form the Citizen home page. Then I went to RadioShack and bought a 9 pin female serial connector and a shield cover for that connector (approx. $6.00 with Tax) I downloaded a conversion diagram to convert the 25 pin connector to a 9 pin. The original cable was 2 male 25-pin parallel connector. I cut one off remove about 1.5 inches of the cover and pushed back 1.5 inch of the shield wire
back. Using a VOM tester in Continuity with alarm or beep sound, I identified the 9 wires that I needed. These were #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 20 and 22. All these are marked on the male connector with numbers. I identified each wire with the connector # and attached it with a small piece of tape to each wire. This wire in my case is a 28 gauge wire. I cut down the other 16 wires down to the cover. I soldered the 9 females connector to the tip of each identified wire. I inserted each female in the 9-pin connector as follows. Label #2 went into #3 in the new connector, #3 into #2, #4 into #7, #5 into #8, #6 into #6, #7 into #5, #8 into #1, #20 into #4 and #22 into #9. I put the shield cover around making shure the shield wire is in contact with the cover and tested it. I have only transferred 2 test dive that I did in a pressure pot, but the graph is there. The web page of the diagram for the conversion is RS232 serial cable pinout information, Hope this can help someone with the same old style watch as I have.

Darrel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom