New vs old React Pro and cable questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have 5 React Pros that my family use for diving. I recently purchased a spare, used one for use as a backup. I have deleted the stored dives so it will function whenever needed. I have a question though. While looking for a replacement unit, I noted that there is a new version of the React Pro with a white face. I also see that the download cable for the new version has a different price.

What are the differences between the 2 units? Are the 2 download cables the same? If I purchase a new cable, will it work in retrograde for my older computers? Do I need to find the specific cable for whichever version of computer I own?

The reason that I am wondering is that my sons are now older and moving out. We have always shared the same cable but I need to send them out with their own and am unsure which one to get if it matters. Thanks.

Dear jchance,

There are a couple of differences between the newer React Pro and the older version.

1. The newer React Pro has a Deep Stop Reminder function.
2. Selectable High PO2 alarm - 1.2 to 1.6 atm
3. Increased data storage for downloadable profiles

Regarding your questions on the Download Cables. The older computers work with the older cable and the new computers work with the newer cable. The newer cable is not backward compatible. You will need to find the specific cable for the specific computer.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Genesis Scuba

I'm able to use the new cable with a 2004 react pro.

Dear jchance,

There are a couple of differences between the newer React Pro and the older version.

1. The newer React Pro has a Deep Stop Reminder function.
2. Selectable High PO2 alarm - 1.2 to 1.6 atm
3. Increased data storage for downloadable profiles

Regarding your questions on the Download Cables. The older computers work with the older cable and the new computers work with the newer cable. The newer cable is not backward compatible. You will need to find the specific cable for the specific computer.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Genesis Scuba

what year did these changes take effect?

how can you determine if you've got the old or newer model?

The units were upgraded in the Spring of 2009.

the way to determine which unit you have is the label around the LCD screen. The older style has a black label. The newer unit has a white label.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom