Sheikh Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NickAyling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am shortly going to Sharm to dive for three weeks we are thinking of using Sheikh Coast to dive with, they are based at the Savoy Sharm. Does anyone know and have used them? Can anyone give me some advice on whether they are any good, they are PADI dive centre so should be ok?
Please if anyone out there can help would be appreciated. We are going in May and hoping the water is nice and warm and plenty of lovely fish to look at.
What is the situation with sharks in the areas in the Red Sea?

yes there is but they are the same chain... the one we are intending to use is the one based in the Savoy hotel... anyone help please.....

I will make no comment about Sheikh Coast because I work for another dive centre in Sharm

Sharks in the Red Sea in May: In the last few weeks we have seen a Thresher, Grey and White tip reef sharks, and a Manta, which is not supposed to be here! The winter has been very mild and sea temperatures have not dropped as far as anticipated; at the moment I am getting 24/25 at Ras Mohamed, 24 in Tiran and somebody reported 26 in Naama bay last week although I think their computer might be lying! :D

In May you have a good chance to encounter Whale Sharks, grey and white tip reef sharks, Hammerheads off the backside of Jackson Reef in Tiran and if you're super lucky, an Oceanic White Tip. Mantas should be a little more frequent in the area. On the other hand you might see none at all... we can't exactly book them in advance!

Cheers,

Crowley

How is diving there in June/July. We are going up there for 2 weeks (Dahab & Sharm El-Sheikh)?

The diving will be glorious - but be prepared for some congestion on the dive sites... good chance of seeing the aforementioned species; water temperature should be back up in the late 20's out of Sharm.

I am soooooo looking forward to this season, I hope those of you who are just visiting enjoy it as much as I surely will! :D

Cheers

C.

Perfect!!! Now I can't wait anymore.......

Is there anyone that can tell me whether Sheikh Coast are any good please? As i dont want to be paying money to find that they are not up to standard. Please any advice will be most appreciated.

Can highly reccommend Millennium divers, Millenium Divers :: Home at the Sharm Plaza ( was Crown Plaza ) great shore diving, Middle, Near and Far Garden are their house reefs, also Ras Mohammed, Tiran Thistlegorm etc, Ahmed who runs the show there speaks perfect english and very helpful, we have dived with them the last 3 years and nothing is too much trouble for them.

N.S

Back
Top Bottom