Mares 1st Stage & Halcyon hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SRC-C5

Registered
Reaction score
Having recently switched to a Halcyon BP and Wing I thought I'd pick up a DIR style hose setup for my regs.
I have a Mares Proton ICE reg and octo with the V32 1st stage. I ordered the hose kit (single tank) which includes a 7' primary, 22" secondary and a SPG hose.
All was well until I disconected the Mares primary hose to find a LP port which was not the same as the other standard LPs. This of course means that my 22" Halcyon hose does not fit.
Do I need an adapter or is there a plug which fits this port? Or does this 1st stage require a Mares hose? The other difference is the Psi rating. The Mares is rated to 508 while the Halcyon 250.
Forgive me if my question is one fueled by ignorance. Any input would be appreciated.

SRC-C5 once bubbled...
Having recently switched to a Halcyon BP and Wing I thought I'd pick up a DIR style hose setup for my regs.
I have a Mares Proton ICE reg and octo with the V32 1st stage. I ordered the hose kit (single tank) which includes a 7' primary, 22" secondary and a SPG hose.
All was well until I disconected the Mares primary hose to find a LP port which was not the same as the other standard LPs. This of course means that my 22" Halcyon hose does not fit.
Do I need an adapter or is there a plug which fits this port? Or does this 1st stage require a Mares hose? The other difference is the Psi rating. The Mares is rated to 508 while the Halcyon 250.
Forgive me if my question is one fueled by ignorance. Any input would be appreciated.

Sounds like you just need an adaptor. The Apeks ATX-200 has a dedicated port for the second stage that larger than normal. You should be able to get a reducing fitting at most dive shops.
The hose rating is fine, and 250 is normal for lp hoses.

And the 7' hose should go in that port, not the 22" one.

MD

Dunno where you got ATX200 from MechDiver, the question was about a Mares Proton Ice regulator :)

Had a look online, this first stage has a "High Flow" 1/2" LP port - either buy a 1/2" -> 3/8" adapter from your LDS or LeisurePro, or switch the hose for one with a 1/2" fitting.

Back
Top Bottom