SAT Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RYCO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
just picked up a VT3. love it. my question is this: at the end of a dive there is a count down timer for saturation, or desaturation. if this gets to zero before my next dive does that mean im starting over with my pressure group? i can treat my next dive like its the first for the day?

Last edited:
really? no one has anything to say about my question? i expected several answers. anyone?

AFAIK,that's your "time to fly" calculation.

Computers don't typical use pressures groups, per se. Those are approximations used to make table calculations easier for humans. Machines compute theoretical levels of nitrogen saturation each minute and group them into "pressure groups."

just picked up a VT3. love it. my question is this: at the end of a dive there is a count down timer for saturation, or desaturation. if this gets to zero before my next dive does that mean im starting over with my pressure group? i can treat my next dive like its the first for the day?

For practical purposes I suppose the answer is yes. The real answer is it means whatever it says it means in your computer manual.

Some computers have countdown to fly and desat countdowns and most seem to be merely fixed at some present numbers with a few variables.

As was mentioned they don't use pressure groups and if you are using a computer you don't use pressure groups either (that a construct of tables).

If you were doing an extreme amount of diving I don't know if the desat numbers are accurate or not. I'm sure they would be accurate to the extent that your computer would know how to determine your next dive. Whether it's absolutely accurate to say that if you disregard your computer and use tables as if you are completely desaturated I can't say for sure.

That is what it is telling you more or less however.

The manual does explain this countdown.
Why are you diving with a tool that you are not fully functional with? What if it meant go to the chamber before your head caves in? Know what I mean.:D
The first count is SI time then flips to ttf.

just picked up a VT3. love it. my question is this: at the end of a dive there is a count down timer for saturation, or desaturation. if this gets to zero before my next dive does that mean im starting over with my pressure group?...

The VT3 Time to Desaturate countdown timer shows the time for tissue desaturation .... basically when it reaches 0 all your tissues (as modeled by the VT3) are at normal state (like if you were breathing air at sea level).
Basically your next dive would be like if you never dove before ....

The VT3 is available in our simulator. Using our simulator you can dive with the VT3 before getting wet.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

AFAIK,that's your "time to fly" calculation.

Computers don't typical use pressures groups, per se. Those are approximations used to make table calculations easier for humans. Machines compute theoretical levels of nitrogen saturation each minute and group them into "pressure groups."

cant be time to fly cause it has that in a seperate countdown.

The manual does explain this countdown.
Why are you diving with a tool that you are not fully functional with? What if it meant go to the chamber before your head caves in? Know what I mean.:D
The first count is SI time then flips to ttf.

i know what it means but its not very clear in the manual, so i thought id ask. it just says its a desaturation count down, so my question was if it gets to 0 does that mean its like im diving for the first time for the day....

The VT3 Time to Desaturate countdown timer shows the time for tissue desaturation .... basically when it reaches 0 all your tissues (as modeled by the VT3) are at normal state (like if you were breathing air at sea level).
Basically your next dive would be like if you never dove before ....

The VT3 is available in our simulator. Using our simulator you can dive with the VT3 before getting wet.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

thankyou very much, thats exactly what i was looking for.

i did look for the vt3 on your site but couldnt find the one for it. do you have a link?

BUT - If I am not mistaken - regardless of your saturation clock, multiple dives within a 24 hour period (not necessarily the same calendar day) are counted together on the same "block". Dives one and two today, then three and four tomorrow if within a 24 hour period.

Not that it really matters or relates to an NDL....just saying...

....i did look for the vt3 on your site but couldnt find the one for it. do you have a link?

As I said, the VT3 is available in our scuba diving simulator ... see LINK

We plan to release a specialty class for the VT3 in May.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

As I said, the VT3 is available in our scuba diving simulator ... see LINK

We plan to release a specialty class for the VT3 in May.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

this costs money or am i reading it wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom