Diving the Castor on Sunday 3/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glock Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Myself and Mark GH20 are hoping to put a few folks together to dive the Castor with Boynton Underwater Explorers. Neither of us have seen that wreck yet, and I need to get back in the water. :D

Anyone interested in an afternoon dive on Sunday 3/14?

*I should add- Underwater Explorers is running a special for March, and if I can get 4 more divers, I'll rent the whole boat for $250, and it would only cost $41.66 per diver! Hard to beat!

You will like the site,get down quick and you will see A Goliath grouper or two, just was going over some videos taken several years back on a dive with Kev @ UWE and my dive bud still remembers when I shoved his tank and him into the hatch way to get a better photo of the resident GG-he got the amazing shot and his head is still attached!
down in 2 weeks and hope it warms up a bit!
Brad
thats a great price too!

I might go if I can spear a fish?

Great wreck to dive! We did it over new years with Kevin. It was our first time there as well and Kevin had us wait outside the wreck, to the side and he went in and chased out a half dozen BIG GG's. It was quite a site to see and the biggest fish I have ever seen in the ocean.

It sounds like one HELLOVA inexpensive deal for a day of diving. Is the $250 a 2 or 3 tank dive day?:cool2:

Wish I were closer, we would be on it with you.

Last dive I did water was 67F. There can be strong current there. Once counted 18 jewfish on the wreck (endangered?), but they move out a little ways and school until you leave. Rays and Cobia too. Take BIG bottles.

SEAN

Last dive I did water was 67F. There can be strong current there. Once counted 18 jewfish on the wreck (endangered?), but they move out a little ways and school until you leave. Rays and Cobia too. Take BIG bottles.

SEAN

Guess I'll be bringing the 7mm! :coffee: Grrrr, this has been a COLD winter down here!

Mark, I think 2 of those 4 spots were reserved for us by Wilhelmina. So there's still 2 spots left...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom